Monday, July 10, 2006

Five Popular TV Shows I Just Don't Get

I'm by no means the TV authority on what's good, what's bad, or what's popular, but after reviewing some of TV's top-rated programs, I realized there's a lot on TV that's REALLY popular that I just don't get.

5. Mythbusters (Discovery Channel)
Geeky engineer-looking guys discussing geeky engineering things in an uninteresting way. Is it any wonder they added a hot female to the mix recently?

4. Real World (MTV)
Now, this one's really sad, as I grew up watching every single episode of those earliest 8-or-so seasons. You know, Pedro and Puck in San Francisco and the like. It's been transformed into some sort of icky O.C.-meets-big-brother hookup show. Don't forget the endless spinoffs too. Boy am I old.

3. Deal or No Deal (NBC)
I don't get it.

2. Law and Order (NBC)
It's always on. Maybe that's the problem. It's always on.

1. CSI: Anything (CBS)
About the closest I've ever gotten to this one is when I was walking on South Beach a few years ago and saw a stark white David Caruso digging for shells in the ocean sands. You know, Horatio?

What's my problem people? Give me a Frontline documentary, Entourage, Sopranos, the Office, or a baseball game and I'm happy.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I actually love "Mythbusters", but then I am a geeky engineer, as my wife will attest.

The rest of your list, though? Spot on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home